Apple Crisp

Besides all things pumpkin, and being my favorite season, Fall equals Honeycrisps!  Mmmm...  Deliciously sweet honeycrisps.  My favorite thing to do with them (other than just sit down to lunch with one), is make Apple Crisp.

Apple Crisp is super special at our house because #1 - it's amazing, and #2 - I only make it in the Fall.

apple crisp

Here's what you'll need:

2-3 Honeycrisp apples (depending on size)
1 cup oats (you really can use regular or quick cooking without much difference)
1 cup flour (I use whole wheat)
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick of butter
Peel and slice apples and set aside.  If you choose to use wedges, make sure they are aren't too thickly sliced.
Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Melt butter, pour over dry ingredients, and mix.  
Mixture should look as pictured below.
What really makes this amazing is layering the mixture with the apples.  Some people just do one layer of each, but I like a bit of everything in each bite, so I layer multiple times.
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.  
You can enjoy by itself, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Yum!!
apple crisp
*Do you have a favorite fall dessert?



1 comment

  1. This looks so good and thank you for the tip about layering the apples and crispy part! I have never tried that, but I will now!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons