Almond Joy Pie


**Let me start by saying I originally came across this Almond Joy Pieas a pin on Pinterest. Not wanting to forget to make it, I even made it the cover photo for my Sweet Treats board.  When I finally decided to make the pie, I clicked the link and BOOM - "you must be invited by the author to view this blog."  Seriously?!  I'd been waiting so long for this pie, and I wasn't going to get to view the post?
And then I thought about all the other people who saw this coconut-y goodness on pinterest and weren't going to get the recipe either, so I had to write a post on it.

This pie is to die for.  No joke.  I'm not even going to waste any time talking about it - let's just get to the recipe.

To recreate the slice of deliciousness- aka Almond Joy Pie you see above, you will need:

1 OREO pie crust
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups shredded coconut (sweetened)
1/2 cup sugar
4 tbsp melted butter
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp flour
about 1/2 cup almonds 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Begin by placing a layer of almonds on your OREO crust.
Melt half of your chocolate chips, and drizzle chocolate over your layer of almonds.
Place in the fridge to set while you continue with the next step. 
In a large bowl, mix butter, coconut, flour, egg, milk, vanilla, and sugar.
Pour mixture over your layer of hardened chocolate. 
*It doesn't have to be completely hardened.
Place in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
Allow pie to cool, and arrange remain almonds on top.
Melt the remainder of your chocolate, and drizzle over top layer of almonds.
** Next time I will probably add much less chocolate on the top layer because although so yummy, it was a little difficult (ie. I almost needed a chainsaw) to cut through the thick layer of chocolate on top.  

Place pie in fridge.  You can serve cold, or take out an hour or so before you're ready to serve.
almond joy pie


Yum!!




2 comments

  1. This looks delicious!! I love chocolate and coconut together. Thank you so much for sharing at the Sunday Social. I'm sure this would get eaten up at our church potluck.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons