Pregnancy: Week 39

39 weeks pregnant
This week:
Baby is usually 7-8 lbs and 20-21 inches.
Baby's brain is still developing.

Baby's Position: Head down, but still OP at this week's appointment.  It's time to get serious about flipping this baby over!  I spent much of this week on all fours or leaned over on the counter or back of the couch to let my belly hang.  The key is supposed to be keeping your belly like a hammock, because baby's back is the heaviest part of him, so he will naturally swing around to place his back to my belly button.

Cervical Progress:  Almost completely effaced, but still only about a centimeter.  I'm trying to focus on positive and be happy about the effacement, but to be honest, I was hoping for something at this point.

Swelling:  Still going on strong in my entire body.  My hands feel crispy when I bend my fingers, and I can only fit one pair of shoes, or flip flops now.

Exercise:  Trying to walk this baby out.  We walk about a half a mile every evening, and spend our weekends out doing things that involve walking.

Something Exciting:  During this week the birth center we are using filmed a television commercial and my mom and I (Hubby had to work) got to participate in it.  It was a super fun experience!


Aches and Pains:  Still getting killer upper back pain at the end of each day.  It seems to be the worst after I cook dinner, so I attribute it to the weight of my belly pulling on my back as I'm hovering over the counter/stove.  Still having the hip pain on the left side at nights too.

Purchases:  We bought Little Guy a "Big Brother" present to give to him when we bring the baby home.  This is a big life change for him, so we want to make a big deal about his new role as big brother (even though he will still always be our baby.)

1 comment

  1. You're so close! And you look fantastic! I get upper back aches after cooking a big dinner, and I'm not even pregnant(!), so I think there is definitely something to it. Best wishes this week!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons