Pregnancy: Week 37 and 38

Baby is:
Welcome to come out of there any time now!!

Feeling:  Anxious.  Not knowing how long it will be until baby makes his appearance is tough on a "plan-ahead" Mama.  Also feeling really tired.  Like, I'm actually taking a nap in the afternoon tired.

Weight gain:  41 lbs.

Labor Signs:  Braxton Hicks are now accompanied by crampiness, and at my 37 week appointment, the midwife said I was 1 cm and 80% effaced.  Before you get too excited - I was exactly the same at my 38 week appointment - which is why you really don't need to pay attention to that stuff; it just gets you all worked up/let down for no reason.  You could be 3 cm for a month, or be completely closed and go into labor that night.

Baby's Position:  OP (occiput posterior) meaning his back is to my back.  Optimal position is his back to my bellybutton, but he could turn at anytime (even during labor) so I'm not going to stress it.

Birth Prep:  Diaper bag is packed, as is the bag for Hubby and I.  I've also been drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. You can buy it in bulk from the link, or just pick up a box at Target (where I got mine).  Here's what it looks like:
It's really great for strengthening your uterus, and supposed to make your contractions more effective, thus helping during labor, and helping after labor.  It has to be Raspberry LEAF tea, not just raspberry flavored tea.  It is also recommended that you not start drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea until later in pregnancy (the last few weeks), and as always, check with your OB or Midwife before trying anything during pregnancy.

Aches and Pains:  Hip pain is back (only on the left side) at night.  I've also been getting killer upper back pain.  It's either a pinched nerve or muscle though, I know it's not labor related.  I had it at the end of Little Guy's pregnancy too.
38 Weeks Pregnant





2 comments

  1. Hi Melinda! I stopped by from the Let's Be Friends Bloghop.

    I'm a birth doula, and love to read about beautiful pregnancies! Not sure if anyone has told you, but to help get the little bug to turn around, spend a bunch of time on your hands and knees doing pelvic tilts. It can really work wonders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been doing them, and really trying to up the amount of time I'm tilted forward - it's just so hard when leaning back is SO much more comfortable! At this point though, comfort is kind of out the window. lol

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons