Pregnancy: Week 12

This week:
Baby is the size of a lime!
Baby is developing his/her reflexes, and will move if poked - but let's not poke my baby, k?
Arms, legs, and fingers are growing out.

Weight Gain:  I have no idea.  We don't own a scale, and I haven't been weighed since my last prenatal appointment, which was at 10 wks and 6 days (during which I had lost a pound).  I think I'm going to need a new bra soon though, because those girls are growing!

Stretch Marks:  None yet.  Let's hope it stays that way.

Movement:  This is the best part:  when I wash or rub lotion on my belly, I can see the baby move!!  It's so awesome.  The baby seems to like to travel to the left side of my belly and cause a bulge there for a few seconds before moving back into place.  I can't feel anything, but it's definitely visible.

Food Cravings:  Well, we did just get a Zaxby's in town, so I begged hubby to go there with me for lunch.  All I really cared about was their hot honey mustard sauce though.  I'd eat that stuff on cardboard and enjoy it.

Showing:  Let's put it this way:  The shorts that I wore on Monday, I washed and was going to wear again on Friday.  Didn't happen.  I couldn't button them!

Morning Sickness:  None all week!  Whoo-hoo!  Good riddance!

Wedding Rings:  Still on.

Belly Button Status:  still an innie, but where it's normally pretty ovular (wow, spell check says that's a real word!), it's now just a big circular hole.

Mood:  Watch out.  I'm terribly grumpy.  Poor Hubby catches it for no reason at all.  I don't know what's going on, but I get so cranky about any little thing.  I'm almost down right mean, but I can't help it.  (Don't worry, I've apologized to Hubby lots, and he knows it's hormones).

Exercise:  Walking.  I walk about 2-3 miles almost every morning.  We went for a 5 mile bike ride Monday (before Zaxby's - so that's sort of canceled out).  I've really been slacking on the prenatal yoga, and I'm so disappointed in myself about that.  I really need to get on it, because I feel like it's so important in having a successful natural birth.
Boy or Girl:  No idea.  We're not going to find out until the baby is born, so I've been calling it "Baby Boo Boo."  Sometimes I want to call it "Big Bird" though - Full House Represent!

1 comment

  1. Oh that's awesome that you are waiting to find out. That will be so fun!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons