Nice to Meet Ya

Contact us at thewildfolkco@yahoo.com

I'm Melinda. Mel to most, Mom to two.  I have one Hubby, one stepson, and two sons.
Did ya catch that?
Not a girl in sight.  I'm it.  The lone wolf in the midst of WWE, NASCAR, Monster trucks, football, and r/c cars.  No barbie dolls for miles. Sigh...

If you're looking for preschool and kindergarten activities to do with your little one, I'm pretty sure you won't click away from here empty handed.

This space has now become a catch-all for my life.  
What you will find here:

Recipes I've tried and don't want to forget.
Crafts I've done and want to share.
My parental wins and failures. 
Places we've visited around Central Florida.
And my musings about life.

What you won't find here:

Consistency - it's just not me.  I like to change things up.  A lot.  

Things about me that never change:

I love, love, love being a Mom and feel like that was my calling in life.  My mission is to prepare my children - not for how to get ahead in the world - but to stay true to themselves and continue to be good people despite what the world may throw at them.

I love, love, love my husband and will always choose him first.

I struggle everyday to find the good in people, push ego aside, and be in the world but not of it.

I have done and said things in my life that I regret and am ashamed of, but I believe that everyday is a chance to start over and live a better life.

I always, always cry when reading The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein, and when listening to this:
Lead Me by Sanctus Real on Grooveshark

I always try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and love playing devil's advocate (maybe because I really want to believe that everyone is inherently good) and I get super bummed and take it personally if I find out I'm wrong.

I try not to take life too seriously, and like to find fun wherever I can.

Still Jonesin' for more about our little fam?  CLICK HERE to read more about each of us.





No comments

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons