3 Months

Baby Boy, today you are 3 months old.
No longer a newborn - simply a baby, although much more to me.
You still don't want to miss a thing, refusing to rest your head even for a moment on my shoulder.  A snuggler, you are most certainly not, so I have to take advantage of times you have fallen asleep and your sweet baby squish can be held close.  
I love the way your big bright eyes examine everything, and can now find me across the room.
You love to kick off your socks and you prefer to keep your toes curled up unless Dada is kissing them, and then you wrap them around his nose. 
You are still blinking up at us through those beautiful, light eyes, which seem to be a light brown in the center before spanning out into a mixture of gray and blue.  My eyes are similar, only green instead of your gray-blue mix, as are your great grandmother's, so maybe you will keep your color.
You are such a happy baby, only really crying when you are tired and cannot get yourself to sleep.
You love conversations, and will grace anyone who starts one with an enormous smile and lots of cooing.
This month began teething, which means lots of gnawing and drooling.  Luckily, you've also found your hands, and not only are you fascinated by them, but they provide a perfect teether for you since you cannot yet manipulate objects.
At the beginning of the month, you began batting at the toys hanging above you on your play mat, and by the second half, you were getting a grasp on them.
You want to sit up so badly, pulling yourself forward with your little ab muscles whenever reclined.  I think you're going to be a mover and a shaker.
I can't wait to see what you will surprise us with next month.

1 comment

  1. Oh my goodness! He is adorable. I miss the squishy baby phase. Soak it up!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons