Easy Oreo Truffles

oreo truffle recipe
My aunt gave me the recipe for these OREO truffles a few years ago, and I've made them every year around the holidays since.  With the new baby this year, I sort of forgot about these little gems (and really any treat baking for that matter) until one day when we were riding in the car and Little Guy said, "Oh Mom!  Don't forget to make your truffles!  It's tradition."

Well...

I hadn't quite thought about them like that, but looking back, I remember always having certain treats (fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, and butterscotch haystacks) every year as a child and how I thought of them as tradition.  Now it seemed Little Guy was beginning to think of the treats I made as tradition, so I certainly couldn't let him down.  And they're super easy and only take 3 ingredients so there was definitely no excuse.

All you need to make them is:

1 pack of OREOs
1 box of cream cheese
1 bag of semisweet chocolate chips (or any chocolate of your choice)

Directions:

Crush OREOs in food processor until consistency shown above.  
Add cream cheese and process until mixture forms a thick paste.
Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined tray.
Once all mixture is rolled into balls, place tray into fridge to cool.
Melt chocolate.
Coat 1 inch balls in the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper lined tray.
Allow to chocolate to harden undisturbed. 
**Note:  If you place the tray back into the fridge for the chocolate to harden, the truffles will have to remain refrigerated.  

Enjoy!
oreo truffles


**Do you have any traditional treats in your family?




6 comments

  1. Stopping over from the lets be friends hop. I now need to buy a food processor just so I can make this. They look so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O this looks so yummy! Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious, and easy enough that a non-baker, like me, could handle it! I'm going to make these for my kidlets this week! Thank you! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Who doesn't love an Oreo!?!
    Thanks so much for linking up to Hit Me With Your Best Shot! I am featuring you as part of my Sweets & Treats roundup. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I'll head over there now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons