Pregnancy: Week 14

img from fact-discovery.blogspot.com
This week:
Baby is the size of a lemon (about 3.5 inches)!
The yolk sac is gone and baby is now completely dependent on the placenta.
Baby is growing eyebrows and can now pee!

Weight Gain: I had an appointment with my midwife midweek where I found out that I've gained 7 pounds so far.  

Maternity Clothes:  Starting to break some out.  Any pants I have left have to be buttoned with my ponytail holder method, and I've packed away about 1/3 of my shirts.  I've also had to buy bigger bras.

Movement:  Still not feeling anything, but there is definitely visible movement going on in there.  Baby is still doing the shift to one side or the other thing.  It's so cool!

Symptoms:  Achy lower belly - called round ligament pain.  It's like a sore/achy feeling on either side of my lower belly.  And when I sneeze, it's a sharp, shooting pain unless I crunch into a ball.

Sleep:  Getting really rough.  Definitely no more tummy sleeping.  I had to buy a Boppy Prenatal Sleep Wedge  (it was the only thing that helped me make it through the night when I was pregnant with Little Guy).  I'm telling you, this thing is fantastic.


Food Cravings:  Still loving carrots, but also milk and V8 juice.  I'm usually not much of a milk drinker, but I've wanted milk with a spoonful of Ovaltine almost every day.

Showing:  I say (and so does everyone else who sees me regularly) definitely!
Worries:  At my first prenatal appointment, the midwife's assistant measured me to be around 12 weeks (I was 10 wks, 6 days), which is not too big of a deal (besides the fact that I'd been having dreams of twins a lot).  At this week's appointment, the midwife wasn't there, and there was a midwife who only performs homebirths there to fill in for her.  She measured me to be 18 weeks (I was 14 wks, 4 days).  Now we're really nervous about twins.  The substitute midwife said we don't have to be too worried, but if it made us feel better we could schedule our ultrasound for 18 weeks instead of 20 weeks.  I suppose that's what we'll do.
Aside from all of the obvious reasons I'd be nervous for multiples, I'd have to switch from my birth center to an ob-gyn because in Florida, midwives aren't allowed deliver twins or more.  So....we shall see how it goes.    Que sera sera....

1 comment

  1. MELINDA, YOU ARE SHOWING MORE THEN A 14 WEEK PREGNACY... BUT I'LL TELL YOU, YOU LOOK WONDERFUL AND HAVE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL GLOW... 1,2 OR 3 BABIES WILL BE FINE WITH ME.. LOL LOVE YOU!!! KATHY B.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons