Sugar Free Orange Cranberry Muffins

I guess by now you are getting used to my compulsive need to create treats out of over ripe bananas like my healthy banana ice cream, or the banana oat cookies, or even the chocolate banana muffins, but these....

These muffins right here....
Oh. My. Goodness.  These are ahhmazing!  I kid you not.

You see, we have this orange tree in our backyard, and since it's already starting to blossom, I figured I'd better get to pickin' and use up the oranges on it.

If you don't have an orange tree, don't fret.  Oranges are in season right now, so I'm sure you'll be able to find some.  You'll only need two for this recipe.  Here's a list of ingredients:

Dry ingredients:

1 cup whole wheat flour (sub at your discretion)
1/2 cup oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp banking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp ground flax seed (this goes in everything!)
1/2 cup dried cranberries (sub fresh at your discretion)

Wet ingredients:

2 oranges (peeled)
1 over ripe banana
1/2 cup honey

Mix all dry ingredients together.
Peel two oranges, place in food processor, and pulse for about 15 seconds. Should make 1/2 cup of pulp.
Mix processed oranges, honey, and mashed banana.
Add to dry ingredients and mix.
Mix in dried cranberries before spooning into lined muffin tin.
Bake at 375 for 20 min. More or less, depending on your oven - just keep an eye on them starting around 15 min.  When a toothpick comes out clean, they are done. 

Enjoy while still warm for extra yum factor!  

Did you try these out?  Let me know how you like them!


You can find this post at:  Homemade MondaysThe Winthrop ChroniclesTell Me TuesdayToo Cute TuesdayWildcrafting WednesdayWhat I Whipped Up WednesdayWhatever You Want WednesdayYour Green Resource,

2 comments

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons