Five Things

I was tagged by Jackie Jade for Five Things.  I'm supposed to write Five Things that you may not know about me, and then tag 5 bloggers to do the same.

Hmmm....ok, here we go!

1. I'm a sucker for midgrade or teen books. The characters are so full of hope and angst and naivety. Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, you name it!  I'm not really sure what that says about me, but I don't really care! I even went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for my 30th birthday (where I found my newest love: Butter Beer)!
2. I have had crushes on both Savage boys.  Ben and Fred.  Kevin Arnold was soooo dreamy when I was little - I just knew I was going to marry him one day, and Cory Matthews was such a sweet boyfriend.  By the way, have you heard about this spin off?! Stoked far beyond what's appropriate for my age. 

3.  We live approximately 10 minutes from the beach, and....I don't really like going to the beach.  I like the idea of the beach, but seriously, I'm the mom.  Do you know what that means?  I'm the one who has to prep for the beach day, and then I'm the one who has to unpack, rinse, and launder the aftermath and I've developed a touch of hatred for sand. It sticks to everything!  We go anyway.  Every. Week. From March/April to October. But seriously, give me a pool or let's go hit the springs instead!
4. I can pretty much recite verbatim The Goonies and The Neverending Story, and frequently quote both. They are my all time favorite movies. Hey, no judging lest I bust out my Pinchers of Power or call for my Luck Dragon!!  

5.  Growing up, I always, always wished I was a twin. I have no idea where it came from, but I wanted so badly to have a twin sister. 

Hope you enjoyed reading my random facts!

I'm tagging:  Chloe from Rainbows and Honeysuckle, Ashley from Him & Her, Colleen from Five Little Homesteaders, Bethany from Life Unexpected, and Carly from Texas Lovebirds.  

2 comments

  1. thanks for participating - fun to read more about you. i love the harry potter series too and so jealous you got to go to the theme park and try butter beer!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for tagging me. im just working on my post now:) and i love you even more that you like the neverending story...favorite of mine as well:)
    xoxo
    ash

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons