Skinny Blueberry Banana Muffins

By now you've gotten to know my obsession interest in finding things to do with overripe bananas.  Like these completely guilt-free Banana Oat Cookies, these Chocolate Banana Muffins, or this amazing Ice Cream that may taste like a treat, but is actually more like a health food.

If you've got bananas that you're about to toss and some blueberries (fresh or frozen), then I've got a recipe for you.  These blueberry banana muffins are sugar-free, egg-free, and nearly guilt-free!

healthy blueberry muffins

You will need:
3 overripe bananas
1/2 to 1 cup blueberries (depending on your preference)
1/3 cup applesauce
1/3 cup honey

1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 tbsp cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Peel and mash bananas.
Stir in applesauce and honey.

In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together.  

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix.
Spoon batter into greased or lined (I greased with coconut oil) muffin pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. (I used the entire 25 minutes).
skinny blueberry banana muffins
Enjoy!!

All the boys in our house gobbled them up - I didn't say a word about them being sugar free, and nobody even noticed


Linked up at:
What I Whipped Up Wednesday
Tell Me Tuesday
Brag About It Link Party
Get Fit Friday
Healthy Vegan Friday

Fluster Buster

15 comments

  1. These look delicious, Melinda! I found you through the We Took the Road Less Traveled Bloglovin' hop and am excited to explore your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty yummy! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Yum- these look absolutely amazing! If you were to make them in the future, adding a few tablespoons to chia seeds would give these an awesome protein boost, and no one would notice :)
    Stopping by from the Tell Me More blog hop!
    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I'll definitely try that next time. :)

      Delete
  3. Yum! These look amazing! Love that they are good for you too. I love food that's both good and good for you! Stopping by for the first time, having found you on funky polkadot giraffe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great - AND I have all of the ingredients! Pinning! Thank you so much, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look far too good to be sugar free!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited that you decided to stop by and link up to Fluster's Creative Muster. I love these muffins and can't wait to try them. Now that you've found our party I hope that you'll continue to come by and party with us.

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a perfect recipe. I love the added nutrition of the flax seeds and since the only sweeteners I use are honey and maple syrup this meets all of my Real Food rules. I don't need to modify a thing. I have some extra blueberries and was thinking of making muffins. Now I have a recipe. Thanks for linking up at Get Fit Friday so that I could find you. I hope you come back often. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved them. So glad I found your linky - I'd just started following you on facebook. Thanks for stopping by to check them out! :)

      Delete
  8. I had a few people asking me what else they could eat for breakfast and these look spectacular! I love that you use wheat flour and sugar instead of the white flour and white sugar! Thanks for linking up to the Get Fit Friday hop this week! I'll make sure I'm following you now on social media!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this recipe...I made these yesterday and LOVE them!!! any idea what the nutrition facts are for these??

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound so yummy! I pinned it to my recipes to try on Pinterest :).

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons