It is Well with My Soul


Life is not always kind to us.

We are all struggling every day.  Struggling with bills, with family, with parenting, with disease, with insecurities, with loss, with worries of things yet to come.

With our own demons.

Demons that we do not realize we create.  Demons that we do not realize we have power over.

But life is not always hard.

Our happiness is a choice.
A choice to turn things over to a higher power.
A choice to change our own thoughts.
To bring positivity to the forefront of our minds.
To push the negative thoughts and needless worries aside.

And trust.

Trust that the power is there to bring to us what our hearts need.

I'm trusting in that power.

I'm handing over my struggles, knowing that whatever my lot, it is well with my soul.




7 comments

  1. Beautiful! Wishing you a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true we are surrounded by beauty everywhere we go, but sometimes we get so wrapped up in our problems we forget to take see it. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Heading over to check out your blog right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'It's a choice' is something I've been learning the hard way this year. Only took me 27 years to get there ;-) Beautiful post, and just the reminder I was needing today! Heading off to start following you!

    ~ Courtney
    http://www.thelittlestseed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I'd love to follow you on bloglovin, but can't find your blog there.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons