Simple Coconut Macaroon Recipe

Coconut Macaroons were my Grandpa's very favorite treat, and who can blame him?  They are delicious.  On our journey to move away from store bought items whenever possible and make things ourselves, I decided I'd try and make these little goodies on my own.  After a couple of batches, one where I mistakenly added peppermint (eek!) extract (they actually weren't bad at all), I think I've made my way to a version that we like.
coconut macaroons

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup wheat flour
1/4 tbsp salt
4 large egg whites
2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a large bowl mix coconut, sugar, flour and salt.
Stir in the egg whites and vanilla extract.
Scoop rounded teaspoon sized mounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Pop into the oven for 25-30 minutes.
You'll know they are done when the bits of coconut around the edges have turned a lovely golden brown color.

Enjoy!


2 comments

  1. I made a batch of coconut macaroons today. I used a different recipe but they are delicious. I used gluten free flour, almond extract,sweetened condensed milk and unsweetened shredded coconut and instead of individual cookies I made bars. I like them :) They are so yummy and I will make them again.
    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons