Letter O Week

Back in October, we worked on the Letter O.  I'm not sure what happened, but for some reason, I never got around to posting about what we did that week. 

We used glue, construction paper, and oatmeal to make a multisensory letter O. 


We did some tracing pages out of Kumon: My First Book of Tracing, and did the Find the O's page from Confessions of a HomeSchooler.  

We also learned about octopuses by reading "Octopuses" by Lola M. Schafer.  Then, we made out own octopus!  I cut strips of construction paper for the tentacles and Little Guy used a bingo marker to make suckers on them.  Then he glued the tentacles to the back of the letter O that I had cut out.  Once he stuck the googly eyes on, tada!  Octopus!


I guess by now you're noticing the "o"range theme we've got going on too! We also did some writing practice pages and then started learning about owls.  We read some great owl books that I will post a link to below. 

I ran across this really cute and Little Guy appropriate Owl Foam Craft at Michael's we just had to do.   I ended up using it as a Christmas tree ornament, but during Christmas time, Little Guy kept pulling the pieces off until it was just a brown outline so now we have no more cute little owl ornament. 


Little Guy also got the hang of the "Days of the Week" song and wanted to sing it "by himself!" all week. 


We did our Letter Tile Matching page:


and made owls out of pine cones!  We squirted glue all over the pine cone, then stuffed stretched out cotton balls in all the cracks.  Once our pine cones were stuffed, we glued on googly eyes and an orange triangle for a beak.


On Friday, we watched "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Gahoole."  We had seen it in the theater, but we rented it from the redbox for family movie night, and Little Guy just couldn't make it through the whole thing.  He was really restless and bored, so we just turned it off.  I suppose it is a bit hard to follow for the little ones since all the characters are owls and they do look very similar.  I will say, that is one of the most visually beautiful movies I've ever seen.  Especially on BluRay.






This week we read:




No comments

Powered by Blogger.
All content and images are © Melinda Collazo 2011-2016.

ShareThis

Search

Social Icons